In case you want to write or know others who may...
Publishing house: WESTLAND
Please send your stories to the Ed: Aarti K Pathak.
Last dates for accepting submissions: 10th December 2010. I will close as soon as I have selected my 101 stories for the same so do try and send them fast.
The write-ups will carry the contributor’s name. Westland pays Rs 1000 per story and two copies of the book. We carry a 3-4 line profile on all contributing authors. We accept blogged and published work too provided the authors get the reprint permissions. The copyright of the stories stay with the author. We have carried up to five stories per person so multiple entries are welcome. We accept poems too (provided they have a story in them).
One need not be a teen to write, you could write in reminiscence or about a teen you know... and of course, the teens are more than welcome to write!
Recipe for a Chicken Soup for the Indian Soul ‘Teens Talk-Growing Up’
A Chicken Soup for the Soul® story is an inspirational, true story about ordinary people doing extraordinary things. They are personal and often filled with emotion and drama.
Chicken Soup stories have a beginning, middle and an ending that often closes with a punch, creating emotion rather than simply talking about it. A story that causes tears, laughter, goosebumps or any combination of these. A good story covers the range of human emotions. The most powerful stories are about people extending themselves, or performing an act of love, service or courage for another person.
1. Tell an exciting, sad or funny story about something that has happened to you or someone you know. Make sure that you introduce the character(s).
2. Tell your story in a way that will make the reader cry, laugh or get goose bumps (the good kind!) Don’t leave anything out — how did you feel?
3. The story should start with action; it should include a problem, issue or situation. It should include dialogue and the character should express their feelings though the conflict or situation. It should end in a result, such as a lesson learned, a positive change or pay-off.
4. Above all, let it come from your HEART! Your story is important!
What a Chicken Soup for the Soul story IS NOT:
1. A sermon, an essay or eulogy.
2. A term paper, thesis, letter or journal entry.
3. About politics or controversial issues.
4. A biography or testimonial.
Stories should be non-fiction, ranging in length between 300-1200 words.
Dreams for Life
Parents and Family
Friendships and Dating
The Awkward Age
School/ College life
Hard work and Effort
Funny, Happy, Special Memories
(The above titles are mere suggestions, they should not bind anyones creative genius)
P.S Please forward this mail to friends and family who are interested in submitting stories.
Awaiting your stories :)