The Katha Centre for Film Studies calls for applications to the position of
The primary responsibility would be to bring into fruition the vision of the
Film Curatorship Program as developed by KCFS in association with the India
Foundation for the Arts (IFA).
The main aim of this program is to train young film enthusiasts and film/art
students in the practice of film curation.
The Research Associate will be responsible for:
1) Research; which would include research on cinema and film curatorial
3) Creating and maintaining a website for Katha Centre for Film Studies
4) Building a library of outstanding film DVDs, Journals and books on
5) Maintaining correspondence and communication related to organizing
workshops, events and spreading awareness of Katha Centre for Film Studies
6) Conducting brainstorming sessions with the Advisory Board with the
aim of evolving clear ideas with respect to the nature of the film curation
7) Preparing Draft papers related to the structuring of the workshop.
8) Preparing Narrative reports regarding the work accomplished by Katha
Centre for Film studies to be submitted to IFA.
9) Organising and executing the film curation workshop, film festival
as well as film screening programs.
10) Maintaining clear detailed accounts and financial reports to be
submitted to Katha, Delhi and IFA, Bangalore.
11) Conducting Cinema Satsang events
12) Instituting film appreciation workshops and sessions with different
The appointed person will have to report to work five times a week for four
hours each. During events and festivals, the work hours will depend on the
amount of time required for the task to be completed.
The official date of joining is 1st April 2011 and the appointee shall
receive an honorarium of
Rs. 20,000 per month until 31st of March 2012.
On successful completion, the appointee will be eligible for an honorarium
of Rs. 25,000 p.m. in 2012.
Queries should be addressed to: