Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rosalinda Sanquiche nominates Hazel Henderson for WAVE's Virtual Hall of Fame



In the picture, Hazel is the second from left and Rosalinda is next to her on the right.

Thank you for this opportunity to nominate Hazel Henderson for your virtual Hall of Fame.

In graduate school, I read articles by Hazel Henderson representing "the other side" of environmental economics. When I was helping a colleague teach a class, Hazel was a featured speaker - in my own town, living 2 miles from me! I introduced myself, saying, "I'll do anything: research, consult, even volunteer. Just let me work with you." That started a 4 year journey where I've learned how to learn. When Hazel wants to know something, really know it, she opens a dialogue with the best person she can find in the field. She did this 30 years ago, and she does it today. She introduces like minded individuals who can benefit each other. She reminds me and those younger than me that all our brilliant ideas are based on a foundation she and her friends built for us, deepening our connection to knowledge and establishing connections that cross generations and disciplines. She did it with me, and I see her doing it all the time - take a bright mind, show her the groundwork that's been laid, generously introduce her to the many other players in the game, listen to her ideas, encourage her creativity, set her free to achieve. I use me as an example - I write, I do public speaking, I research, I work for the good of humanity in my niche which expands every day because Hazel applies no boundaries to the many systems she plays in, encouraging us to play along, knowing in the end we're learning how to be better, stronger, more giving global citizens.

Hazel Henderson, D.Sc.Hon., FRSA, has written nine books. The Power of Yin is most appropriate for this group. She also wrote the Axiom and Nautilus best business award winning book Ethical Markets: Growing the Green Economy. Founder of Ethical Markets Media, she is a futurist and evolutionary economist with editorials syndicated by InterPress Service and articles appear in journals worldwide. She leads the Transforming Finance initiative, created the Green Transition Scoreboard®, tracking global private sector investment in green tech, and developed with Calvert Group the widely used alternative to GNP, the Calvert-Henderson Quality of Life Indicators. Hazel has been a university lecturer, holds several honorary degrees and is an Honorary Member of the Club of Rome. She shared the 1996 Global Citizen Award with Nobelist A. Perez Esquivel of Argentina. In 2007, she was elected a Fellow to Britain’s Royal Society of Arts, founded in 1754. In 2010 she was honored as one of the "Top 100 Thought Leaders in Trustworthy Business Behavior 2010" by Trust Across America.

You can learn more about her and get pictures at www.hazelhenderson.com. She is the best possible role model for women seeking examples of strength, courage, perseverance and indefatigable belief in the best humanity has to offer.

Thank you,
Rosalinda

Rosalinda Sanquiche, Executive Director, Ethical Markets Media
office@ethicalmarkets.com / www.EthicalMarkets.com
PO Box 5190, St. Augustine, FL 32085 / 904-829-3140

No comments:

Post a Comment